or
Create an account

or

Thread Soundcard Recommendations

• 6 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
Sujet de la discussion Soundcard Recommendations
I have been using a Delta 1010 soundcard for the past 2 years, and we have never really gotten along. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to buy? Or what not to buy? Thanks very much.
The must for Pc users are RME soundcards. They have an equivalent to the Delta 1010 wich is called the multiface, as well as many other models. Of course these are not cheap soudncards but the support they offer is worth the price.

You can check their different models here:

https://www.zzounds.com/a--303779/prodsearch?cat=2418&form=prodsearch&cat2=3678&ob=pop&submit=Filter+Results
I love my Delta 1010. What do you mean by "not getting along"? Perhaps we can help? :D
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
I don't know, it has ALWAYS popped, clicked, fuzzed, chopped, etc. I am using cubase sx and I have tried every setting and every combination possible...I have never really found out the main problem...is there another app you recommend to use with the card? I am running xp, my computer runs great, 1 gig ram, etc. Thanks very much for your help.

The RMEs look a little out of my range. what do you think about the e-mu 1212 or 1820? I am very interested in them (I wouldn't be if I could get my friggin 1010 to work though!!!!)

Thanks so much.

P
Have you updated the driver for the 1010? I think there were some issues with the early XP drivers for this card. I still use ME myself, and I use Cakewalk.

If you do update the drivers- delete the 1010 from the computer before you install the new ones. If there is a README for the driver, follow the instructions exactly. There used to be some uncommon instructions with the Delta cards (stuff like installing the driver, THEN installing the card when prompted by Windows). I don't know if this is the case with the XP drivers, though, so check the instructions carefully.

Also- a lot of PCs use an IRQ sharing scheme because there are more devices than there are IRQ's. These schemes are usually driven by the PCI slot you have the card in. Look at your BIOS and see if the Delta is sharing an IRQ (don't look in Windows- look in the BIOS). Sometimes all you have to do is change slots with the card. It also helps to make sure that any unused devices in your PC are disabled (stuff like extra com ports or USB ports, RAID controllers, etc.) This is where having a dedicated PC for recording comes in handy!!

WARNING: If your not sure what you're doing in your BIOS, ask before you do anything!!! You can really screw your computer up if youdon't know what you're doing in here!!!! :shock:

Your Delta should work. There is a great troubleshooting on the Midiman website here:

http://www.midiman.com/index.php?do=support.kbase

Look at all the posts marked "Delta Series" not just the ones labeled for the 1010.

Let me know if you need any further help, and I'll be glad to try!! :D
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Your tips inspired me to try it one more time...I clean installed xp, spent 14 hours configuring/tweaking it trying to get the 1010 on it's own IRQ, finally I did by disabling ACPI and going into standard-pc mode, which is probably recommended for xp/delta users anyway, now I jst gotta test it (but I have no mic and no les paul at the moment). Any last tips? Delta config settings? Cubase config settings? BIOS settings?
Thanks so much.

P
HELL YEAH!!!!! Works perfectly!!!!!!

Important: If you use a Delta 1010 with Windows XP, all you have to do is DISABLE ACPI for it to run smooth as a whistle.

Thanks for the help!

P