Create an account

or

Thread st audio c-port dsp 2000

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 st audio c-port dsp 2000
Hi, new member here looking for help !!
Thinking of going for 16 track hard disk recording using 2 dsp 2000s linked together. Got all the other mic preamps & stuff to bring up to line level for the inputs into the rack. Just wondering if anyone has used these cards / units before and could give me an opinion. The gear will be used for recording bands, just as a hobby/passtime for myself - nothing serious.
would really appreciate any help before I spend the cash.
thanks.
K. :?:
Hi,
I had a C-port but I disliked it so much that I sold it after a week. To me this soundcard is really not well conceived. The first thing is that you cannot bypass the mic preamps on inputs 1 and 2. Therefore if you connect a line signal to input 1 or 2 the signal will be preamplified twice which is not the best thing to avoid hum.

But the thing that I really hated about the C-Port was its lack of routing capabilities. My current soudcard wich is only a fraction of the price of the C-port allows me to have 4 different mixes on separate outputs. On the C-port you can basically have a mixed signal on outputs 1 and 2 but not on the 6 others. A really bad point if you want to record a whole band and need each musician to have its own headphone mix.

If you can afford it I would suggest the M-audio Delta 1010, the RME Multiface or an RME Hamerfall soundcard with external ad converters.