Create an account

or

Thread Is there software and a card to write music from midi source

• 5 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 1 follower
1 Is there software and a card to write music from midi source
Good morning,

I am new at this, and want to know if there is a card to put into my computer which will accept MIDI input (from an accordian) and is there is software that would translate my input to readable sheet music.

We are forming a group of musicians, and since many of us compose as we go, we need a means to record in a readable form what we are playing, so the others can follow.

Albert
Hello albert and welcome ti Studioathome!

Just a question before answering: do you have a midi interface wich convert something from your accordian into midi?
Yes, the accordian is wired so each key sends a MIDI signal. Usually it goes to a syntasizer, but there is a connection cable with a 5 or 6 pin male plug (in a metal circle about 7/16's diameter) which could be plugged into a computer card (if one exists).

Albert
Hi Albert and thanks for joining us !

i've seen this software around : http://www.notation.com/index.htm

Apparently this software can turn MIDI files into Notations... never tried but seems interesting. :)

Features:
- Automatically convert any MIDI file into a sheet music score.
- convert Karaoke (.kar) files to sheet music, and displays the lyrics
- Automatically analyzes and displays chord names
- Splits piano (or other keyboard) tracks into right- and left-hand staves, based on thorough analysis of hand positions and finger motions.
-Lets you practice a section of a song any number of times that you specify, with optionally increasing tempo, and with pauses between each repeat.
- Lets you add rehearsal marks which can be used specify the section of the song you wish to practice with the above feature.
- Automatically turns pages during playback.
- Supports MIDI keyboards, MIDI guitars, and other MIDI controllers, so that your performance can be routed to channels and MIDI patches (instrument sounds) on other devices.
- Plays back MIDI files while displaying the music notes
- Prints sheet music with many flexible options
- Lets you correct and edit errors that MidiNotate might make in transcribing the MIDI to music notation

What do you think ? Is that what you need ?

Best regards,

Red
Thanks Red,

It sounds good. I'll check it out further and gat back to you with what I find.

Albert
You also have Sibelius, they produce realy good softwares, take a look at:
http://www.sibelius.com

Perhaps a bit expensive ;-) but realy accurate!