or
Create an account

or

Thread Apollo Twin vs Mbox?

• 4 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 4 followers
1 Apollo Twin vs Mbox?
Hey everyone, I've heard great things about the Apollo Twin, particularly because of its preamps and renowned UA built-in plugins. Then a friend let me know that if I got an Mbox and load an eq/compressor on the channel, then record through it, it would pretty much have the same benefits. I'm not so sure, would it?

I'm mainly hoping to use the Apollo for recording vocals (for strange rap music, mostly), does anyone here use the apollo predominantly for vox? What do yo uthink?

It's a bit expensive but I've been saving up and like what I hear, but if others out there agree that the Mbox can get the same results for my needs w/o costing so much, then I might have to listen. Thanks in advance for any ehlp
I've used both interfaces before and imho I would go with the Apollo. It's truly a great piece of equipment and will last much longer than an mbox. It has truly impressive AD to DA converters, and the UA plugins capability is a huge plus.

Also, the Apollo can simulate different mic pres and you can save any configs you do so that you don't have to re-setup the apollo for every scenario. If you've already saved the money for it, it's really a no-brainer. Truly a great piece of gear :bravo:
Apollo, hands down. If you've already saved up, it'll be the best decision you've ever made
I've used the Apollo Twin and it's superb. In addition to its great sonics and handy features, it gives you the ability to run UAD-2 plug-ins, which are among the best on the market.
Thanks guys. Apollo it is :lol::lol::lol: