DigiTech Bass Driver
DigiTech Bass Driver

Bass Distortion/Overdrive from DigiTech belonging to the X series.

Mouloud Holywood Mouloud Holywood

«  Rather buy an analog distortion »

Published on 09/16/11 at 06:15
The pedal is solid.
The battery compartment requires a contraption like pen or jack to be opened which is not practical, but the pace or the batteries go, it's better to have the transformer (and a power strip because what will find an outlet available on a stage!)
4 settings:
- Adjusts the volume level
- Tone is a boost / cut treble
- The blend dose% of treated vs untreated sound
- Morph dose level of drive (the "grain size") that goes from the OD to Fuzz

Above all, this is a processor and not an analog circuit.

The manual is clear and easy to use pedal.
But I only takes 5 because the quality does not encourage its use just ...

This is where the rub ...

as we have here a processor and not an analog circuit, the sound is rather "synthetic" and frankly lack of heat.
Fortunately, we limit the case with the blend that allows you to add bass by adding the signal to dry signal. But suddenly, it can not target fat levels of fuzz.

We reach out ultra saturated sound that roars in the treble, but we can not guess it's a bass that is the cause because frankly it lacks scale. I manage to produce sounds that I hear with the ears, but I do not feel in the stomach.
For me, a bass that must be understood with the guts first.

Also, I do not know if it's because I use a universal transformer rather than pay more for the product sold by Digitech, but I have a lot of wind that passes through the amp when I activate the Indeed ...

After an initial discovery phase 2 years ago when I used it frequently enough to understand what I could do, I have been using it very occasionally ... for messing around ...

The blend is well regarded and I'm glad to have had the OD not too expensive for my weapons.
But today, I'll sell it to buy an OD with a dedicated analog circuit, ie large coucougnettes o)

I have not compared tons of low impact, but I feel it is at the level of multi-effects, no pedals level.

PS: I do not condone the side "school of fans' opinions, where everyone wins. I think it useful to post mixed reviews to alert the community of more and more of the stuff. Personally, this is the kind of advice I'm looking to make my choice, rather than the opinions written in the enthusiasm of a recent purchase. So sorry for those who love this pedal o)