< Tous les avis Gallien Krueger 800RB

Bass Guitar Amp Head from Gallien Krueger belonging to the RB series

MGR/Bruce of Third Stone Blues MGR/Bruce of Third Stone Blues

« Gallien-Krueger 800RB »

Published on 02/06/02 at 15:00
Purchased (barely) used at Guitar Center, Larchmont New York. Paid $499.00. Like new condition. They go for $750.00 new.

I tried and tested many bass heads, Fender, SWR, Peavey, Ampeg, etc., and this one just blew them all out of the water! Over all power, tone, punch, bottom end, all of it. A major plus for me is it does NOT have a million knobs on it. Your basic bass, mids, treble, plus switchable bass cut, mid cut, and high boost. It is 400 watts (300 + 100 bi-amped) I use it with one Ampeg PR-15H bass cabinet (Ampeg's top of the line 1x15 cabinet. 800w max) and the sound is amazing. I play a Rickenbacker 4003 bass.

The ONLY draw back to the 800-RB is it does NOT have a cooling fan. It has a large heat sinc on the back, which if I am playing loud becomes too hot to touch. (You can imagine how hot the transformer must be) That said, even when it's running hot, it really doesn't lose it's signal (Something bass amps are famous for). I have seen bass amps with half the power with cooling fans. At 400 watts, the 800-RB should have one too. (I have heard the latest models DO have a fan, but have not seen any)

This thing is built like a tank. The case is all heavy gauge steel. It is heavier than it looks. I have heard stories of these things being dropped, kicked, falling off of stages, trucks, (a guy drove off with his on the roof of his car-it fell of at about 30 mph, and in spite of some dents and broken knobs, it still worked!!) The workmanship is excellent. Plus it is solid state, so no tubes to worry about. Detachable power cord.

I have read in many music publications and reviews that the Gallien Krueger 800-RB might be the best bass head ever made, and I couldn't agree more. If mine was ever lost or stolen, I would ABSOLUTELY buy another 800-RB. If you have ever seen the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Flea has 4 800-RB's stacked up in his rack. Need I say more?