Hartke HA2500
Hartke HA2500

HA2500, Bass Guitar Amp Head from Hartke in the HA series.

MGR/Billy 01/08/2011

Hartke HA2500 : MGR/Billy's user review

« Hartke HA2500 »

This bad boy is 250 watts at 4 ohms and about 180 at 8 ohms. The preamp gives you solid state and tube gain (this never made sense to me in a tube amp, but hey, the amps sounds good, why question it right?)

Next you have a compressor. Not bad on 1 or 2, but quickly goes overboard after that. After that is your generous 10-band EQ section, followed by a hi and low pass and finally your master volume.

On the back you have 2 outs, an effects loop and a DI.

That's A TON of features for a $250 amp!

I bought this amp because of the price and because I was sick of lugging around my big amp if all I was doing was practicing alone or with a quieter setup of musicians.

I paid $225 for this amp. I was surprised they included rack ears as well in the box. This amp has everything you need.

Postives features are all of the features. Pre/Post volume, a compressor, an EQ, a DI, rackmountable. This amp has all the features of a more expensive amp with less power and a friendy price tag.

None at all. Once you play it for awhile and it warms up the fan will go on. It is not loud in a live setting, but if you are recording I was mic your cab in another room or a couple feet from the head.

I have only had it for a few weeks, but it feels sturdy and well it works as it should.

Don't overlook this amp. It is a great price, buy it for practice, buy it as a backup. This is a great amp to have laying around.