Laney DP100
Laney DP100

Bass Guitar Combo Amp from Laney belonging to the DP series.

manueldp manueldp
Publié le 06/23/08 à 13:57
Transistors 100 watts into 8ohms, 150 watts into 4ohms
Input a passive / active (according to the manual)
FX Loop
11 band equalizer
DPC, with switch to set the attack in high and low
Switches to limit and noisegate
DI with pre / post switch
An entry for a pedal channel "clear" / channel with EQ graphic
and a headphone output.

Not complete?

The configuration allows you to find, if not the sound, at least its sound. The graphic equalizer is obviously much. The DPC is useful, even if I have less utility because I played little slap.

I play mostly rock, heavy type (stoner, metal at a time). It is ideal to ensure the rhythm part with a drummer who is not afraid to hit on her skin. I usually put it on a chair or stool so that the sound is fuller.
I play with a newly acquired Fender Jaguar Bass. I also have a 5-string German no name (well, more Chinese there ...), the average cash Yes I plan to soon buy a 2X10 "to have the maximum power and extend the range of frequencies.

I bought it in 1995, it must date from 1992. It would be the first of this range, quickly replaced by the 120 BC but he said that the DP100 is better.
This is my first amp, he faithfully followed me so far. He did let go only once a transformer. The cool thing is that the head can be removed and put in a 19 "rack (3U).
I had not tested before purchase, I was 17 and I was happy to buy my first amp (and there was no Audiofanzine at the time;))
I love him, even though it weighs a ton, but unbreakable.