112db Big Blue Compressor
112dB has announced that Big Blue Compressor, a tube-modeling compressor, is now available.
Big Blue Compressor is a modern compressor with vintage qualities. "Although it can sound transparent whenever necessary, it was designed to give character and warmth to your sound," the company says. Features include variable hard/soft knee, and dry/wet mix, but also additions such as stereo narrowing or widening, mid/side operation, adjustable latency, and a separate preamp section.
- Tube-compressor-style dynamic saturation.
- Separate preamp section for extra overdrive.
- Variable-knee limiting with tube modeling.
- Dry/wet control for parallel compression.
- Stereo imaging: stereo narrowing or widening, mid/side mode.
- Auto makeup gain, in addition to user-adjustable makeup gain.
- Adjustable look ahead from 0 to 5 ms.
- Peak/RMS compression mode.
- Sidechain monitor option.
- User-adjustable latency from 0.01 to 5 ms (6 to 440 samples @ 44.1kHz).
- Low- and high-pass filters on input and side chain with unique scaling, allowing for adjustments at critical frequencies.
Pricing & Availability:
Big Blue Compressor is available immediately in RTAS/AS/VST/AU format for Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and 10.7 (Lion).
The introductory price of €99 (Europe) / $99 (worldwide) is valid through August 15, 2012, after which the regular price becomes €149 / $149.
An unrestricted 60-day evaluation version is available from 112dB.com/ bigblue/compressor/?demo.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Tone2 Releases Saurus Combining analog sound with digital formatting, Tone2 has released Saurus (Mac / Windows), a virtual analog synthesizer.
- Presonus Studio One 2 Review Launched about two years ago, the first Studio One version impressed with its maturity. The program was stable, practical and well thought-out. It had almost nothing to envy the leading sequencing tools. Studio One has gone a long way since the first version: it was dramatically enhanced in v1.5 and now comes back with a really amazing version 2. Let's check it out.
- SKnote releases Grasso SKnote has released Grasso as a VST effect for Windows and a VST/AU effect for Mac OS X (RTAS/AAX coming soon).