Boomplug has announced the release of BoomComb, a MIDI tuneable comb filter designed for creating similar effects to a flanger or for just generally doing things like spicing up synthetic drums.
The delay time to the comb is set in Hz and allows it to be set by the notes that are pressed on a MIDI keyboard as well as the pitchbend wheel. It can also be used to create sounds similar to stringed instruments if noise is input. Also it can be used to create resonating type sounds that can be shaped via its damping filter or it can dirty up the sound of the resonation via its saturation.
- Tuneable Comb Filter controlled via MIDI or knob.
- Damping Filter in Feedback to reduce the harmonics or resonation.
- Saturation in feedback loop for really dirtying a sound or to be used subtly to add character.
- Custom GUI designed by Leonard "paniq" Ritter.
- Uses custom GUI Framework using the latest Windows Drawing API.
BoomComb is free and is available for Windows as a VST Effect plug-in.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Loomer Updates Aspect Loomer has updated Aspect to v1.6.1 for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
- PreSonus Studio One Update PreSonus has updated Studio One to v1.5.2.
- Sinevibes Nylon for Fantom-G Nylon is a Fantom-G sound expansion devoted to a single instrument - a Spanish guitar with nylon strings, selected for its "combination of warm-bodied sound and crisp, detailed attack."