Variety Of Sound Density mkIII
Variety Of Sound has announced the release of Density mkIII, an update to the freeware Windows VST compressor effect plug-in.
It contains color model and IMD improvements.
Major changes from mkII to mkIII version were announced as follows:
- The handling of inter modulation distortion (IMD) has been improved and there is no HF exaggeration caused by this any more.
- The transient response of the compressor is now more focused and consistent over the entire spectrum reducing coloration artifacts.
- Instead, a VCA color model has been implemented which can be dialed in as needed, providing a strong 2nd and 3rd order harmonic as well as frequency and load dependent higher order distortion artifacts.
- The SC filter option was optimized to better decouple the subsonic frequencies below 90Hz.
- The TIMING presets had been changed and features faster and more modern release time settings.
- P5 and P6 are introducing true program dependent release time behaviour now.
- A timing readout is displayed now for about 5 seconds when the according parameters are changing.
- The COMP mode has been changed and features soft-knee characteristics now.
- The parameter naming (as seen in host automation) is revised and the parameters are sorted now.
- The RELAX option has been changed and also allows to speed up the attack times.
- The linking algorithm has been optimized.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Softrave/Syncersoft Boombox VST Softrave and Syncersoft have released Boombox VST for Windows.
- ExperimentalScene DarkWave Studio v4 ExperimentalScene has updated DarkWave Studio to version 4.0.0.
- AudioGaming AudioWind & AudioRain AudioGaming has released two new audio plugins, AudioWind and AudioRain.