Zildjian A Custom Fast Crash 16"
Zildjian A Custom Fast Crash 16"

Crash Cymbal from Zildjian belonging to the A Custom series.

goodbyebluesky goodbyebluesky
Publié le 04/14/08 à 07:00
I did not use this cymbal long, as it just didn't jive with my tastes and expectations. It might for you, though. The 16&quot; Fast Crash is pretty typical and in line with the rest of the A Custom series, but this particular cymbal is just not of use to how I play and what I prefer in a crash cymbal.

What I liked about this cymbal is its shimmery blast of sound that hits you in milliseconds of hitting the cymbal. They didn't call it a Fast Crash for nothing.

What I did NOT like about it was that I found it a bit thin and anemic sounding for a 16&quot; cymbal. It had the sustain of a 16&quot; or larger, but the wimpiness of a 14&quot; or 15&quot; crash. It lacked fullness. Even its sustain was just the tone lingering, and not a full reverberation of the cymbal. It is probably due to the thin-ness of the cymbal, its fairly lightweight. It seems like to achieve the &quot;fast&quot; crash that this cymbal is named for, it had to lose any fullness or deep sustain that it could have otherwise had had it been a more substantial cymbal. Its a trade-off for sure, and a trade-off I'd rather not make.

So in my opinion, I would never use this cymbal in a rock band, even though much of the A Custom line-up is perfect for everything from mellow rock to aggressive rock music. I would maybe check out the 14&quot; or 15&quot; Fast Crashes as a more splashy cymbal in the future but the 16&quot; has no place on my kit. I could reccomend trying out this cymbal to anyone who plays more modern jazz or fusion type playing. They might appreciate the mellow sustain and punctuated &quot;fast&quot; crash sound of this cymbal.