Merging Technologies NADAC converters
Merging Technologies announces the release of NADAC, their very first digital-to-analog analog that supports Ravenna network.
The new NADAC completes the range of Merging Technologies Ravenna networked interfaces, which already comprises Horus and Hapi. The manufacturer explains that they chose the Ravenna network standard over the Gigabit Ethernet because it is open, AES67 compatible, it offers better performance and allows for transporting DXD and DSD signal with a high number of channels as well as audio data.
The NADAC is designed for use with any server or audio player via a single Cat5e or Cat6 cable ; it supports ASIO on Windows and CoreAudio/DoP on Mac OS X. You can even daisy-chain multiple NADAC and control them together, Merging Technologies developed a web-based management interface that can be used on any computer, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection.
The NADAC is available in two editions, one stereo and another offering 8 channels.
- ESS Sabre ES9008S Reference D/A converter
- RJ45 connection supporting samples rates from 44.1 to 384 kHz in PCM, DXD, DSD 64, DSD 128 and DSD 256 formats
- Asynchronous communication: the NADAC controls the digital audio data send frequency
- XLR connection for AES/EBU, TosLink for optical S/PDIF, RCA for coaxial S/PDIF
- BNC Input
- 2 headphone outputs with dedicated level controls to listen the inputs or networked external sources
- Front panel output volume control
No information regarding the price of these new converters, visit nadac.merging.com for more info.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.