[NAMM] Music Computing CoreMC Gen3 computer
Music Computing introduces the EntreprisePro CoreMC computer for music production and HD video editing.
The CoreMC computer can be equipped with up to dual Xeon 8-core processors (16-cores total), 768GB of RAM, 21TB of hard drive storage, video cards and audio interfaces. Based on the Windows 8 (64-bit) operating system, CoreMC is capable of running any Windows compatible software for music production, HD video editing or even gaming.
Each CoreMC is housed in a black brushed aluminum chassis equipped with four oversized 140mm fans providing ample airflow, yet able to rotate at reduced speeds for near silent operation. A front name plate is part of the design and acts as a baffle to further reduce operational noise. Extras include removable dust filters to keep the interior of the system clean, shock mounting for hard drives and optical drives to reduce noise and vibration, and anti-vibration pads for the power supply. For those needing to overclock the system, four coolant hose ports are provided on the rear of the chassis with star grommets.
Rack versions of the CoreMC are available in a compact 4U (15.25" depth) chassis as well as a full size version with redundant power supplies.
- Processor Type: Xeon LGA 2011
- Processor Options: 6-core (2.0GHz), 8-core (2.0GHz) and 8-core (2.9GHz) (Single Processor or Dual Processor configuration. Both processors must be the same)
- Number of RAM Slots: 12 per Processor (24 Total)
- Size of RAM: 4GB / 8GB / 16GB / 32GB
- Maximum Amount of RAM: 768GB
- Drives (2) x 2.5" HD Bay: 128SSD, 256SSD and 512SSD or (5) x 3.5" HD Bay: 1TB(7200RPM), 2TB(7200RPM), 3TB(7200RPM) and 4TB(7200RPM).
- Optical Drive: DVD / CD Burner and Blu-ray Burner
- Audio Interface Options:
- Echo MIA MINI Digital Audio card: (2ins balanced, 2outs balanced, MIDI, S/PDIF, 24bit-96kHz)
- RME Hammerfall HDSP 9652: (3 x ADAT digital I/O, 1 x SPDIF digital I/O, S/PDIF, 1 x Word clock I/O (BNC), 1 x ADAT Sync In (9-pin D-type), 2 x MIDI I/O, 32 channels high-speed MIDI, 12 channels 96 kHz/24 bit for record and playback on ADAT optical) IF (in/out), MIDI (in/out) +1 direct keyboard MIDI out, Sample Rate (24bit 96KHz)
- RME HDSPe RayDAT: (36 Inputs / 36 Outputs, 4 x ADAT I/O (up to 192 kHz via S/MUX4), 1 x AES/EBU I/O (192 kHz), 1 x SPDIF I/O (192 kHZ), 2 x MIDI I/O, Supported sample frequencies: Internally 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz. Externally 28 kHz - 200 kHz)
- Video Options:
- Included: 1GB High-performance video card.
- SLI video card: Up to 3-way SLI GTX 680 video cards.
- Video Processing GPU card: Quadro 6000 card.
- Music Computing software: SonicSource VSTi (3000+ sounds / 16GB)
- Microsoft: Windows 8 Professional (64-bit)
- 4 USB 2.0 Port (external), 4 USB 2.0 headers (internal)
- FireWire: Optional 400 / 800
- MIDI: Optional
- Ethernet: 1000BASE-T
The CoreMC computer is sold $2499. More information on www.musiccomputing.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Kemper offers an IR loader for the Profiler Kemper Amps announces the Cabmaker software tool designed to create speaker cabinets sounds from impulse responses (IR) for the Kemper Profiler.
- Traktor soon available on the iPad ? Native Instruments posted yesterday on their Traktor dedicated Facebook page a picture showing Richie Hawtin using a new app on an iPad.
- [NAMM] The Nektar Panorama P1 without keyboard Nektar announced a new USB controller surface with deep integration for Cubase and Reason, the new Panorama P1.