Iced Audio Updates AudioFinder
Iced Audio has updated AudioFinder to v5.0.5.
Changes in version 5.0.5:
- Added support for uploading directly to SoundCloud from AudioFinder's browser.
- Added support for accepting drag and drops from iTunes.
- New threaded file AudioViewer waveform analyzer. Allows for instant abort and skip.
- Smoother more responsive playback start when switching long tracks.
- Added preference to set the Playlist playback pause time.
- Added Show Playback Cursor location option to the Locations popup in the Sample Tool.
- When browsing the file system the list view now shows all folders at the top instead of interleaved.
- Bug fix when attempting to write Metadata to a missing file, AudioFinder will now present a warning dialog when a file has been renamed, moved or deleted outside of AudioFinder.
- Code prep for 64 bit optimizations.
- Other bug fixes.
Changes in Version 5.0.4:
- Redesigned the Metadata Viewer to be more compact and able to be minimized much smaller.
- Added "Set Spotlight Comment" to the Metadata Viewer. Clicking this button writes the current Metadata formatted text to the file's Spotlight entry. Viewable with Finder's Get Info.
- Added "Get Info" button to the Metadata Viewer to open Finder's "Get Info" window.
- Added new Tagging defaults that cover a wide range of sonic descriptors.
- Added "Copy Metadata to Spotlight Comments" to the File menu.
- Added "Copy" and "Paste" menu items to the Metadata Viewer "Template" menu.
- Added "Metadata Tags Setup..." to the Library menu. Use this to build your set of preset Tags.
- Improved the Combo Box tagging drop downs to be more user friendly and to provide Tool Tips to display the complete tag when the field is not wide enough.
- Changed the way the Tags combo boxes work, they now append Tags selected from the drop down instead of replacing what's already there.
- Added support for renaming a selected folder. Automatically updates the Metadata Database.
- Streamlined the File menu by moving some items into a "Convert" submenu.
- Moved the "Mount" button to the File menu as it's more of a power user feature.
- Switched HUD Windows to using the new AppKit provided HUD windows.
- Command-H besides hiding the windows will now also minimize any AudioUnit Inspectors.
- Bug fix for the "Remove" item in the Metadata Viewer "Template" menu.
- Bug fix when Processing mono files with AudioUnits resulting in extra padding at the end.
- Creation Date and Modification Dates are now being actively tracked by the Metadata Database.
- Missing items in the Metadata Database Manager are now sorted.
- Renamed the "Show Info" button to "Show Metadata" to clear up confusion.
- Fixed a slow start up issue when there were thousands of Tags in the Metadata Database.
- Bug fix for crash on start up with bad Audio Units.
- Couple of bug fixes for the Folder Template feature.
- Fixed an Audio Unit sorting problem that results in Wave Z-Noise note showing in the menu.
- Command-D now properly toggles showing/hiding the Metadata Info Viewer.
- Fixed play on Dock icon drag and drop for Leopard.
- Overall work on the Tagging user interface has made it much easier to use.
- Other bug fixes.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Muse Research Receptor 2 System Software Updated Muse Research has released version 1.8.20100924 of the System Software for the Receptor 2 Hardware Plug-in Player.
- ifoundasound LiveProfessor 1.3 ifoundasound recently updated LiveProfessor to version Beta 1.3.
- Freak Show Enterprises Updates JambaLaya Freak Show Enterprises has updated JambaLaya to v1.3.4.