Rane Serato SL 1
Rane Serato SL 1

Audio Interface for DJ from Rane belonging to the Scratch Live series.

Nébula Music Nébula Music

«  This brilliant »

Published on 05/18/12 at 05:04
What characteristics have motivated your choice?
- The opportunity to mix my own sounds without having to burn vinyl records. (It was costing me € 50 for vinyl).
I had the opportunity to test some software every competitor at the SIEL, and it is the serato that attracted me most. Also, seeing all the big names use it, I thought that would be the best ca. And the last point, is easier to use. When I bought it, it was the easiest installation.

What instruments or systems in use and how you connect? ...
- I use it with a TTM 56, 2 Numark TT500, and I return all in a Yamaha aw16, which leave at about M-Audio BX5a.

For what purpose?
- Scratch records, concerts and a few club nights.

What is your config (Motherboard / CPU / RAM / Disk, ...)?
- Sony Vaio NW21EF: Intel Dual Core T4300 (2.1 GHz), 4GB of ram, windows 7 64bit SP1.

The installation is done it without problem?
- No problems, we install and it works.

The general configuration is easy?
- Yes if you take 5 minutes to browse the documentation or inspect the soft mode information.

Have you encountered any incompatibilities?

The manual is clear and sufficient?
Yes, especially since the manual built into the software, click on the question mark, you fly over the function which we want to know everything, and an op bubble appears with everything you need to know.

GETTING STARTED

What is the configuration of your computer?
- See above, the Windows Experience Index is 5

The software runs he correctly on this configuration? This hardware + software is stable?
- A marvel. It is very stable.

How long you use it?
- 5 years.

What is so special that you like best?
- Its main function, control of Waves and Mp3 from the vinyls

the least?
- I'm searching, I found nothing.

How would you rate the quality / price?
- Pretty good. Maybe the price may seem expensive, but the price is quickly recovered. Since I buy a lot less than vinyl records, and finished purchases of vinyl records in duplicate, and especially finished burning my sounds on vinyl records. For my part, about two months it paid for itself.

With experience, you do again this choice?
- Yes, without any doubt. It's really a revolution for me, even after years of use.
If you have the budget and you hesitate, stop, go for it.