or
Create an account

or

Thread setting up 1st music studio

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 2 followers
1 setting up 1st music studio
hi it's marcuss here i want to set up my 1st home recording studio to make punk, rock n roll and rap tunes but i'm not sure what to buy i've got money to spend been saving up for a while and i want everthing i could possibly need so i can buy it all in one lump. Is there anyone who could tell me all the BEST things that i need to buy, would be much appreciated eg keyboard,booth, packages, wires,cards and software(already have a computer). THANKS
Hi Marcuss,

You can get some advice here:
http://www.soundrecordingadvice.com/faqs.html

I think you have to spend a lot for your dream home studio but never give up!!

Hope it helps!

Good luck buddy!

DJYooo

Marcuss,

Just as a starting point, at least one or two isolated rooms would be useful in your situation, if you have the space to do it, so you can record drums and perhaps one other acoustic element live together. There are workarounds for every situation, and most home studio owners have to make them, but iso rooms sound like a good thing for you. Of fousre, before building a room or rooms, do some extensive research as to how to do it - what the shape of those rooms wants to be, what kind of walls, and windows if you have them, height of celings, etc.