Martin & Co D-28
Martin & Co D-28
Stev. Stev.
Publié le 06/13/07 à 08:59
Sitka massive table, back and sides solid indian rosewood, ebony and marquetry of separation of the back.
It's very simple but hints at a certain quality violin.
The wood of choice.

My model is 2001 and the nut and bridge origins in micas have been replaced by the fossilized ivory.

It should be noted that the D-28 has the particularity to have a "triangle" of wood back of the head in order to reinforce the junction of head-neck.

This is a guitar that accepts the most subtle touches as well as powerful accompaniments.
However playing on this guitar requires some energy. But the touch is soft and comfortable and the handle end for a more folk.

Good buys are usually not a Martin by chance is 99% for sound, very distinctive, warm, clear, flute. The bass is powerful but not the guitar "snoring" what is really nice.
Listen to a D-28 immerses us inexorably in the era of Woodstock, reminds us of our instructors Collos, bearded hippies running their 2CV or their Dianes full of flowers and we playing Dylan, Beazer, Crosby Still Nash and Young .. .. This is what is required of a D-28!!
Ho, Of course I tried the HD-28 to the table given to sound more accurate, but colder, in the spirit of a Talor, D-18 with fewer less powerful bass ideal for recording, D-35 a bit less accurate but on a few models a bit more bass, but I'm a fan of the D-28.
In addition, Martin have a reputation to improve significantly over time.
And as I have absolutely no intention to part with it I hope to grow old with her.

I read somewhere in a magazine that playing on a D-28 is like smoking a big Havana and drinking a great wine, it is eaten and it delights to savor this moment the dream and I totally agree with the opinion of the journalist!
I play mostly on my Norman to get out my D-28 for special occasions to keep up.
This is the guitar of a lifetime to pass on to his children, from generation to generation. The build quality has not changed since 1931 and the makers have a unique expertise and are paid at a high price to keep this "secret".
It is true that the model I Posed was acquired from an American friend, guitarist professional Nasheville (Tennessee USA), carefully selected for its sound and its sutain among a host of D-28. But I have never heard of D-28 have a bad sound, some perhaps sounded a little "green" because they are too new but it does not matter, we must let the time.

In short you will understand I am madly in love with this great guitar, which brings me back to my childhood in these sweet 70's and if I seem to lack objectivity, forgive me it's unintentional, but this guitar to something magic that even the Gibson Hummingbird has not réhussie dethroned.

I'm like Patrice, I am D-28 in the skin. Just a shame that I am not asser good acoustic guitarist for Honnor at fair value.