Seagull S6 Cedar
Seagull S6 Cedar
MGR/GI JOE MGR/GI JOE

« Seagull S6 Cedar »

Published on 12/10/03 at 15:00
I own a takamine 341 springsteen type acoustic which i like,and my daughter showed interest in learning to play guitar.I went to a local music store in ft walton beach fla to buy some new martin strings,and i decided to play around some with a few guitars on the wall.Well i picked up a seagull S6+CEDAR and strummed a D cord then a G cord and immediately called over the guitar sales guy and told him i want this guitar!.I will honestly tell you that i could not believe the richness of the sound that came from that guitar.The neck felt different to me at first compared to my takanine,but in 5 mins that feeling was gone,and i knew right then my daughter was getting this guitar for christmas.I paid a total of around 400 dollars with a case for it,and honestly speaking would of paid more without much hesitation.I have no negative comments about this guitar as of yet,and cannot wait till christmas to see her face when she sees her new guitar.I still like my takimine,and am happy with it,but i am planning on buying a seagull for myself in the near future,simply because i love the way they feel and sound,and you can really feel the character come out of them,at least this particular one i just purchased for my daughter! Excellent guitar for the money!

I like the price,the feel,the action,and oh yes,that beautiful cedar smell that really gives the living room that woodsy smell.

No dislikes as of now! Can,t wait till christmas.

Excellent quality,tight fitting joints,very thin laquer finnish,this guitar is very light compared to my takimine EF-341, but it feels very strong,and durable.

I wish my first acoustic guitar which i purchased overseas in okinawa japan,while stationed there in the airforce,had the same sound and overall playability as this seagull model has.The guitar i purchased over there is a yamaha 210 acoustic,which i still own and play even after 26 years of military travel.and moves,but having said that,its sound is tinny,and the only way to get away from the tinny sound is to play it lightly using fingers and thumb only! No picks with the yamaha,it really causes it to sound quite tinny.The seagull sounds great with or with out a pick,loud or soft.