Taylor DN3
Taylor DN3
Danco06 Danco06

«  The guitar is actually more like! »

Published on 01/11/13 at 03:46
Made in the USA. This is a Dreadnought the American tradition. When I opened the lid of the Fly I was impressed by the smell of wood and quality finishes.

- Solid Spruce Sitka.
- Back & Sides solid sapele mahogany.
- American Mahogany.
- Touche, easel and ebony pegs.
- Benchmarks developed by pearl inlaid.
- Binding on the white table, sides and neck.
- Finish: gloss table, satin back and sides.
- Mechanical oil bath, chrome Grover.
- Supplied in case.

This guitar is light without being fragile! It is a pleasure to drive on the handle and although the pan is not cut, access to acute is easy. This guitar is ideal for fingerpicking.

Pure and very balanced. The sound does not vibrate and is not distorted. If you want to record acoustic, you'll be pleasantly surprised. When I play, a lot of people come and tell me that the sound is superb, even when I'm next to electroacoustic guitar playing. The sustain on this guitar is fantastic.

So I started to compare all other guitars in the price range, and some much higher. I tried various models and observed Martins, Taylors, and Gibsons. Comparing them all one by one I did not ultimately find better in this price range, either in sound or build quality, ie a high-end price of entry-level other brands.

The only thing I do not understand is that Taylor was not installed Pickgard. Perhaps for the guitar is "special". I must say that the polish seems very solid for a few euros, you can get a Pickgard electro static. This is what I did and I only moved when I "scrape" a little more than usual.

If it again, I'll EXACTLY the same choice!
This guitar follows me everywhere and I never get tired of playing.