Remo Peau Pinstripe 22"
Remo Peau Pinstripe 22"

Drum Head from Remo belonging to the Pinstripe series.

MGR/Wes MGR/Wes

« Remo Pinstripe »

Publié le 06/04/07 à 15:00
I've been playing drums for about six years, mostly metal. I play a lot of fear factory, as blood runs black, etc (you know, the fast stuff). I also play some techno and some jazz.

I bought these online from massmusic.net (great website, by the way). I paid about $45 for 4 heads, sizes 10, 12, 14, 16.

They are very easy to tune and are durable. It was very easy to get a good metal sound, the attack really stands out.

Pinstripes are the only head I've ever played where you will always get a good sound, but never get a great sound. They are just very average. I own a top of the line kit, so overtones have never been an issue for me, but I think the pinstriping would do well to remove harsh overtones on a lower quality set.

They are constructed pretty well. The film it self is very durable, and the hoop is average. I think remo uses a better glue than evans, but not as good as aquarian.

If you want amazing drum sounds, don't buy this head. But if you practice on the weekends and own a lower-priced kit, try them out. They take off any bad overtones, last forever, and always sound decent.