Elektron Machinedrum SPS-1UW MKII
Elektron Machinedrum SPS-1UW MKII

Machinedrum SPS-1UW MKII, Drum Machine from Elektron in the Machinedrum series.

verge 12/01/2013

Elektron Machinedrum SPS-1UW MKII : verge's user review

«  Almost perfect machine »

Well I not etale on the subject, many have already done! (Midi in, out, thru, hand out, input, ....)

Then the already VERY big strong points: the use! The BAR is the most "handy", intuitive and easy to use and I had tried. Once read diagonally for 30 minutes manual really understands how it works. The tombs orders under the direction, everything is fast to do, we feel that it is made to facilitate creativity and tweakage, rather than the "heavy" programming (although it is not absent ;) )

We leave very quickly effective pattern, p-locks really are a énooorme asset!

In addition, we feel it is cut to live, and she keeps her promise to live (just)

Another big strong points, the sound and the sound triturage! The preset gross basis are not bad at all, I finally found. But we discovered the potential of the beast turning encoders! And its can really hurt ;) as its can be very cheap for the German minimal (beuuuark). In short this machine is a real gas plant (no, I do not share in elektron)
I made a lot of mental tribe, quite heavy dub end stuff a lot of stuff and speed fat. I had read a lot about this bar and a lot of people say it sounds cold, AND BEN IS ARCHI WRONG! It sounds cold if desired, but the tweaking a minimum, heat and potatoes there! Brief as it should have the minimum cheap What Breton woods hardcore!

I has been a good month and a half, I am aware of not having made the turn (away from) but in any case, this bar is one of the best, if not the best, I know! Small flat rubber for encoders that are really not very strong ...
In short, if you have something to invest in a good bar and choose the one you really will not be disappointed!