Elektron Machinedrum SPS-1 MKII
Elektron Machinedrum SPS-1 MKII

Machinedrum SPS-1 MKII, Drum Machine from Elektron in the Machinedrum series.

jouks 01/21/2013

Elektron Machinedrum SPS-1 MKII : jouks's user review

«  A great Swedish »

• Partager
View previous opinions

As already mentioned by other users, it is a specific ergonomics Elektron, once past the required period of ownership is very intuitive.
The manual is very clear, there is a French version that drags on the net.

It is a pleasure to compose beats on this bike. Welcome to the world of creating rhythm ensembles. Synthesizers (digital drums) offer opportunities may not be endless, but close enough anyway, to produce sounds. Sequencer powerful and precise, never, or very rarely, crash.
One, the sequencer and the other synthesis kits provide a powerful tool and pleasurable. For those who love looking for her, in a digital environment, it is hours of fun renewed.

This is the question to consider before purchasing. Especially do not rely on demos supplied with is misleading (rather light and atmosphere of a vendor demo at your local music store).
The sound is digital. This is not a criticism, it is a fact that I greatly appreciate. After it is a matter of taste and sound practice. Moreover, there must be on the forum MD ongoing discussion about art and how to accommodate the MD with analog filters. Well ... why not.
Do not imagine it still does not ring. It produces very respectable kicks. Well, it is not a Jomox, and I do not rely on large old home and Téaire uisanghuit neufsangneuf.
Moreover, the effects can grind sound. In the end, perhaps the central tool and single (why not) in your studio.

I used 5 years and I sold it to buy the MD UW. I'm a fan of the Swedish.
To stay on the MD, it can stand on its own. The sequencer and triglocks make a machine with a potential for creating boggles the mind. This is not a simple drum machine. Real long, very long nights and then grind to play. Because it is primarily a vehicle for Live. Too bad it does not work with batteries, in nature or in a car it would be broke.
The drum machine and groove box, I had (Korg, Roland, Boss, Jomox). I loved them all for their qualities. I have almost all sold. However, if I have to go with a machine (or two) on a desert island, I am certainly this one.