Rayzoon has announced the release of BonzoPak for Jamstix, a recorded Ludwig Maple kit with head selection and tuning based on the habits of the 'master' (John Bonham).
Rayzoo included the kit played with mallets as well as snare wires off. They tell us that a part of the big sound is the 17' high recording room used but, thanks to the controllable ambience, you can also dial it down to get a drier, tighter sound.
The Pak also includes several Jamstix styles based on famous rhythms. You can combine styles, drummers and sounds.
The Classic Ludwig Maple/Paiste 2002 Sound + New Styles:
- 990MB of Ludwig Maple drums and Paiste 2002 cymbals.
- Up to seven velocity layers with three alternate hits per layer.
- Five degrees of hihat openness.
- Recorded in a 17' high room for big (but always adjustable) ambience.
- Includes stick-played kit as well as a mallet-played kits.
- Single output and multi-output kits with ready-to-go Jamstix EQ and compression settings.
- Can be used with any other Jamstix 2 style, e-drumkits or traditionally via MIDI by the host.
- ncludes 10 new Jamstix styles modeled after famous rhythms of the 70s.
- 26"x14" Ludwig Maple Kick
- 14"x6.5" Ludwig Supraphonic Snare
- 14"x10" Ludwig Maple Tom
- 16"x16" Ludwig Maple Tom
- 18"x16" Ludwig Maple Tom
- 15" Paiste 2002 SoundEdge HiHat
- 24" Paiste 2002 Ride
- 16" Paiste 2002 Medium Crash
- 18" Paiste 2002 Medium Crash
- 20" Paiste 2002 Medium Crash
- 24" China
- LP Black Beauty Cowbell
BonzoPak requires Jamstix 2.2 (or higher) plus 1GB of free hard drive space.
It has an MSRP of $49 but is currently available for the introductory price of $39.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Blue Cat Releases Remote Control 2.0 Blue Cat Audio has released Remote Control 2.0, a new version of their virtual control surface.
- Image Line FL Studio 8 Image Line Software has announced the release of FL Studio 8, the latest version of their digital audio workstation.
- IK Multimedia Plug & Mix Madness IK Multimedia has announced its new "Plug & Mix Madness" promotion that lasts through April 30th 2008.