Universal Audio UAD-1
Universal Audio UAD-1

DSP Board from Universal Audio belonging to the UAD-1 series.

Bill3107 Bill3107
Published on 09/26/06 at 05:47
Asus P4G8X Motherboard, 1GB RAM, P4 2.4 ghz

No problem on my PC, Windows XP ss
Doc English peoblème ss. No complaints

GETTING STARTED

Use side I'm pretty disappointed with the little that can be loaded. I who also creamware cards (cards so as dsp), I have a much higher computing power. I think that at least three cards if you want to work seriously. I have pointed out (y 'fans uad on AudioFanzine ...) that the powers of calculation are not the same. That's true. But just as one can not compare a Mac to a PC with 2 GHz to 2 GHz, the two DSP cards and architecture are different. Morality? I only see that I was able to manage larger projects with excellent sound while uad arrived quickly at the cleat. Course offered plugs are great, but at the cost of power soon reached. Note that universal audio has the honesty to show on their site what you do with a map. When using large plugs that kill ... well they kill fast the process is normal. Some high-end plugs creamware eat up most of the bandwidth (eg reverb produced by sonictimeworks P100), but rarely much power dsp.

The quality of some plugs (comp, EQs, ...) is excellent. Other plugs are means (eg some reverb guitar amp simulation or far behind my Dynatube of creamware). I would say that sin is that it costs much faster if you want to use the plugs with dignity because computing power is quickly wiped out by plugs very good but very greedy. Uad I dropped and I only keep my cards that offer me Creamware:
- Excellent effects emulations (including the 3rd party) but also
- Emulations of synths that send B4 emulation and other native instruments in the closet! B2003, Minimax, Pro-12 etc. ..
- Without forgetting that the uad (unlike creamware cards) do not provide the I / O hardware with converstisseurs. All this is expensive to have very good effects (EQ and compressor). It's a personal choice that depends on your budget and the number of PCI or PCI-e available. The ideal is to have a UAD port PCI-e and one or two cards for creamware synths, rooting, reverb, etc ... Finally, in my opinion!