[NAMM] Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite
Universal Audio introduces the UAD-2 Satellite, shipping this month.
Launching at NAMM 2011, the UAD-2 Satellite is described as Universal Audio's answer to the request for a Firewire-based UAD Card. No longer must a customer have PCIe slots or an ExpressCard port to be able to use UAD, now anyone with a Firewire 400 or 800 port will be able to bring the family of UAD plugins to their productions, wherever they go.
The UAD-2 Satellite is a metal enclosure containing either the power of a UAD Duo or UAD Quad card inside. Sporting an illuminated UA logo on the front, the UAD-2 Satellite is powered with an included adapter and provides either FW400 and FW800 connectivity. Full PCIe-equivalent performance is available via FW800, with FW400 provided for flexibility with a trade-off made in available bandwidth.
Initially UAD-2 Satellite will support Mac only; PC development is underway and will come as a free update when complete. UAD-2 Satellite will share a FireWire port with an Audio Interface or Hard Drive, again for a trade-off in bandwidth. For more information visit the Universal Audio site, linked below.
Notable UAD-2 Satellite features include:
- Access the UAD Powered Plug-Ins library on select Firewire 800 and 400 equipped computers
- Compatible with a wide range of modern Intel-based iMacs and MacBook Pros (PC support in development)
- Run larger mixes in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Performer and more — without taxing host computer CPU
- 5 models to choose from: DUO (Core); DUO Flexi (w/ $500 Plug-In Voucher); QUAD (Core), QUAD Flexi (w/ $500 Plug-In Voucher), and QUAD Omni v.5.7 (w/ 50 UAD plug-ins)
The complete line of UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators is shipping late January and the price for UAD-2 Satellite is the same as for the equivalent PCIe card.
For all details, FAQs and latest release information on the UAD-2 Satellite, visit UA’s website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] J1000 Alpha & Beta v3.0 J1000 has released new versions of its free EQ VST plug-ins for Windows, Alpha and Beta.
- [NAMM] Diamond Subliminal Synth Diamond Synths has released Subliminal, a new software synthesizer which can be used for creating "rich and vibrant bass sounds," according to its creator.
- [NAMM] Wok FlexFilterbank2 WOK has released FlexFilterbank2, a filterbank VST effect plug-in for Windows with 8 adjustable band-pass filters.