[NAMM] Telefunken Elektroakustic M82 mic
Telefunken Elektroakustic will launch in february a new dynamic microphone named M82 that you can discover at NAMM.
The M82 is an end-address cardioid microphone and features two separate EQ switches which allows for a multitude of sources such as vocals, percussion, broadcast voice, guitar and bass amplifiers, organ, and brass instruments. These two switches function independently of each other, which gives the user the ability to tailor the microphone's response to the source.
The Kick EQ switch engages a passive filter that reduces some of the lower mid-range frequencies (centered around 350Hz) commonly cut when processing a kick drum. This setting is tailored specifically for kick drum use.
The High Boost switch tilts the upper mid-range and high frequencies (starting around 2kHz with a 6dB boost by 10kHz). For kick drum use, this allows for more beater attack when placed inside a kick drum and have either a vintage-style kick drum sound, or a more modern sound. For a source such as vocals or guitar amps, the high boost provides further articulation and airiness in the upper register.
- Dynamic microphone
- 35mm moving coil diaphragm
- Frequency range : 25Hz - 18kHz
- Sensitivity: -54.6 dBV ±1dB (1.85mV/Pa)
- Impedance <300 ohms
- SPL: 160 dB
- Size: 6.15" (155mm) length x 2.5" (63mm) diameter
- Weight: 22.4 oz (635g)
The M82 ships with a mic mount and a carrying case. The price is to be announced. More on www.telefunken-elektroakustik.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] DPA unveils the d:facto II vocal mic DPA Microphones will introduce the d:facto II Vocal Microphone at the 2013 NAMM Show, in both wired and wireless versions.
- [NAMM] PreSonus PRM1 RTA Measurement Microphone PreSonus new PRM1 microphone allows for audio measurements with the Virtual StudioLive Smaart wizards.
- [NAMM] The Focusrite Red Series return Focusrite announces the return of the Red Series mic preamp with the Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre, a module for the popular 'Lunchbox' format.