Hohner Clavinet C
Hohner Clavinet C
Publié le 05/15/09 à 16:56
The Hohner Clavinet C is a four and a half octave electric keyboard that only has the sound of the clavinet. It has ¼ inch connections for speaker output as well as for pedals and is overall a really basic instrument. It only has a few buttons to control your tone and sustain and nothing beyond this, so what you hear is basically what you get – and this is not a bad thing. The sound of the Hohner Clavinet C is impressive as it has a tight and compact tone it and is great for applications of all types. I must admit that I’m a huge fan of the sound of a clavinet and try to use it whenever a situation will allow me to in the studio. I’ve recorded with this keyboard a few times, both going direct and recording an amp with this keyboard being run to it and I’ve always been happy with the results that I am able to get. I’ve used it for a variety of different genres including rock, pop, and funk and have come to the conclusion that it has a sound suitable for any type of genre that you would want to try it with. The feel of the keyboard isn’t anything to write home about but it does have a nice feel and is an easy keyboard to play. It has also a very nice white finish and overall sparkling look. I’ve come to trust the instruments made by Hohner and I’m really a big fan of their clavinet line of keyboards. While I prefer the Hohner D6 Clavinet, the Clavinet C is another fine choice that will get the job done. The price of this keyboard is also a bit cheaper than the D6 making it an option for more players in other price ranges, but still isn’t that cheap of an instrument. All in all, if you are looking for a reliable sounding and playing clavinet, the Hohner Clavinet C is indeed worth a try.