Orion 8.5 Public Beta
Synapse Audio has announced that the upcoming version 8.5 of Orion is now available as a preliminary Public Beta version to all registered Orion owners.
This update adds several new effects, changes workflow as well as look and feel, and comes with a new default skin designed by Nick Moritz.
Key Features introduced in Version 8.5:
- New default skin by Nick Moritz.
- New effect: RNA-160 Compressor/Limiter, a faithful emulation of an outboard compressor legend.
- New effect: Concert Hall, a new algorithmic reverb with a high-quality sound.
- New effect: Analog Phaser, an analog-modelled six-stage phaser.
- New effect: Vintage EQ, tone stack emulation of the legendary '59 Bassman Amp.
- Compressor CV-82, an improved version of the Compressor 8 with additional features.
- Sidechain support for VST effects.
- Pro-9 extended with the Noise Spread knob, which increases the spaciousness of the Snare and Clap sound in the stereo field.
- ASIO Outputs can be freely assigned to individual subgroups in the Master section.
- Skinning system completely overhauled, skins are easier to develop and maintain now, most knobs support alpha-blending and an arbitrary number of frames.
- Toxic 2 synthesizer engine completely overhauled, its performance is now up to 50% higher than previously. New "Pan Spread" knob for spreading Unison voices in the stereo field.
- All workspace windows can snap to a user-definable grid, facilitating the window arrangement.
- Popup Hints for generator knobs (can be turned off).
- Current Parameter value visible in event editors (red line by default, user-definable).
- All workspace Windows can snap to a user-definable grid.
- "Clone" function which clones all patterns and the arrangement of a generator to a new track. The source mixer strip with all its associated insert FX and EQ settings can be optionally cloned as well.
- Toolbars no longer 'blink' when clicking on them.
- Some VST plugins did not redraw properly, fixed.
- Assigning Transport buttons to MIDI CC did not always work properly, fixed.
- Song Merge did not always work properly, fixed.
- MP3 Export did not work in 64-bit version of Orion, fixed.
- Incorrect meter drawing while mixer was moving, fixed.
- Audio glitches while window was moving or scrolling, fixed.
- Playlist cursor drawing bugs while window was moving, fixed.
- Song Length was not correctly updated when adding huge patterns, fixed.
- Mousewheel did not work properly in all cases, fixed.
- Modules were loosing focus and focus was set for playlist (TAB shortcut issue), fixed.
- Deprecated effect "Simple reverb" was not recovered properly from older projects, fixed.
- "Audio Input" text was not drawn properly on expanded playlist, fixed.
- Hitting [Alt]+[-] to invoke MDI window caused hang, fixed.
- Styles imported from V7 with automation in them did not show the automation, fixed.
- Pattern list Drop-down in Playlist did not always work, fixed.
- VST effect "PSP-85" crashed after inserting it, fixed.
- "Receive MIDI from..." option did not work for VST effects, fixed.
- IL plugins had drawing issues, fixed.
- Recorded MIDI CC Automation was sometimes not shown for VST plugins, fixed.
- Event Editor: Events drawn with the line tool while left button was held down were erased by playlist cursor, fixed.
- Imported v7 projects with many generators did not show all mixer strips, fixed.
- Scrolling in Piano Roll and Playlist was sluggish sometimes, fixed.
- Generator window was not resizable if pianoroll was opened while window was rolled, fixed.
- After un-maximizing a window, the border was not redrawn correctly, fixed.
- Toxic 2 "Init Program" function created a silent patch, fixed.
- Calling up minimized Windows from the Window menu did not work, fixed.
- On some systems the Mixer had redraw issues, fixed.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Detunized La Ramona Piano Strings La Ramona Piano Strings reassembles the Vermona String Piano.
- Sampletekk ST Pianet SampleTekk has announced the release of ST Pianet, a 70′s electric piano for Native Instruments Kontakt.
- Tone2 ElectraX v1.2 Public Beta Tone2 has released version 1.2 public beta of ElectraX, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.