< Tous les avis Electrix Filter Factory
Electrix Filter Factory
Anonymous

« The dessert of my synth »

Published on 11/04/14 at 03:07
- This is a 2 rack units offering preamp section / drive, a filter section ANALOG (yes, it&#39;s true what it is that these stories ???) stereo (LP / HP / BP / Notch) with LFO and envelope follower (very successful) and a wet dry run its course. Everything is digitally controlled but I insist filters are 100% analog. The distortion is it digital.
- The Filter Factory offers a complete connection: RCA in / out (with pre-amplification for turn your disk), jack (balanced) in / out, triplet pm (OUF A THRU !!), CV inputs (to control freq. cool) and a foot switch input for ...!
- Facade, the unit has 7 rotating and 11 buttons. They are dedicated to the engagement of each section ("committed") to select the type of filter, the waveform LFO / approx. follower at the time division (super effect!) and bypass. The machine offers 3 large illuminated buttons flanked by screen printing "Momentary", as the name suggests it will be to start a section for a short time (the effect is audible all the time that we build on button, then disengages when released).

In use, the Filter Factory is proving very ergonomic, saw the choice of format inclined rack which in use desktop offers to have good access controls. These are divided logically and in an ideal space to handle them without interfering with other commands: practice.
The setup is more than simple: a = a rotating function, which makes editing very nice and finally passes only good time.
MIDI is a big plus here it will allow to calibrate the LFO with a source, but also to edit and save each movement / support on the interface, for those who like to record automation is nickel.
The LFO is fantastic and really complete (5 waveforms and an envelope follower), it allows the effects of crazy self-oscillation, vivid dub and obscure stuff! The big plus of this section and the "clock divider" it&#39;s going to allow temporal variations nifty well, we can reproduce the type of stroke stuttering effects or lo-fi. This section makes it much more versatile than many other filter device. Special mention to the envelope follower absolutely perfect! It allows really good effects funcky the P. Funk (Parliament), the synth bass to DMX Krew or quirks in the Hieroglyphic Being.

- The first section is called "buzz", it is actually a preamp section with a floor of distortion (or drive, I&#39;m not sure). Let&#39;s be honest, this section is not really the highlight of the set, I managed to grow and dirty low a Mopho Keyboard, but in most cases it is "rather ugly" click ca as some kind of distortion sound, not gégé, but on others it is sometimes very pleasant. Do not expect a versatile floor distortion and violent, you either love the result is pass, because honestly useless to seek "the" sound distortion for ages, here is what is beautiful, or it is ugly, and for me it is often unusable as beautiful. However, the rotary will TRIM many services, meanwhile.
- The filter section is the heart of the beast is simply a success, this section alone made me say to me "but why have they stopped doing that kind of périf these dudes." This is an analog filter, so 14bit digitally controlled, which allows the assembly to be rather fluid (no staircase effect unless you want it with the LFO + square, lol).
The filter is very accurate, so it allows to search the detail with great precision and ease. The resulting sound is rather soft in some cases it made me think this: http://www.aftouch-cuisine.com/images/recettes/Creme_brulee.jpg
And seen as I&#39;m a fucking greedy, this is a good sign!
The filter between very easily into self-oscillation, it really do not push the front reso start raving like a madman on FX genre dub (siren, alarm), disco (LFO), sci-fi etc, etc. I made a bank crossed only with the filter sounds. So watch your noreilles and your monitors, because past the first quarter already it starts to sing.
A note, and I found this VERY IMPORTANT point no drastic loss of signal when opening the resonance, on the contrary, this filter is in the pafait or groups.
In some situations, I preferred my other filters, for example, I used an analog synth through the filter rather than the curtis synth, and the result was really interesting in some cases, more than the filter proposed in the synth in question.
The notch provides a rather soft and organic phaser, not bad but not violent. Each type of filter is very successful, the versatility of the fact that all big it is always on.
I said that I needed a stereo filter to stick to the Streichfett module that is sorely lacking, the result is a success ass, I leave everything to attack a Timeline, I call all of my three devices "super combo Detroit" ...

- I received yesterday morning I spent a few hours at night and return to the (sample / synth / to / insert ...).
- I and I tried many filters before.
- The big plus ca is the sound, of course, and the interface, which although ugly (what is this rotten persimmon there) is great ingénierée (I know, I know), MIDI (with thru s&#39; please) and the envelope follower / lfo.
- What I like least, khaki interface rather ugly as a military ...
- Initially I had gone on a MFC 42, I end by cop, but I pulled this one out of desperation, but ultimately I am so happy!