Lexicon Ionix FW810S
Lexicon Introduces IONIX FW810S FireWire Audio Interface with dbx Mic Pre's and Dynamics.
Lexicon, a Harman International Company, is introducing its IONIX FW810S FireWire Audio Interface with integrated channel strip processing. According to Lexicon, the IONIX FW810S represents a breakthrough in recording technology for the sophisticated home or project studio.
This new recording interface offers 96kHz sampling, coupled with dbx high-voltage, ultra-low noise mic pre's and dynamics. All these tools connect to your digital audio workstation through FireWire. The unit also features the new Pantheon II reverb plug-in. Featuring built in dbx Type IV conversion; the IONIX FW810S is designed to preserve the wide dynamic range of the analog recording even when input levels get too high. This allows for more headroom, capturing the subtle details in high-level signals instead of hard-clipping them.
The IONIX FW810S's software mixer includes a dbx compressor, limiter, gate, and EQ on each channel, and lets users adjust levels and apply dbx dynamics for mixing and fine-tuning recordings in real time with zero latency. The unit also is designed to save and load up to five monitor mixes one for the main mix, and up to four for individual band members. The mixer outputs can also be used to incorporate external effects gear. Pantheon II continues this legacy and delivers that "Lexicon Sound" used on most of today's recorded music and movies. Pantheon II provides the ability to change the parameters of six different reverbs, or use one of the 35 factory presets. Also included is a hardware monitor reverb for zero latency monitor mixing. This allows the performer to put a monitor reverb on their monitor mix without having the latency of monitoring through a reverb plug-in in the DAW. The software suite operates on Windows and Mac platforms and includes Steinberg's Cubase, Toontrack EZdrummer Lite, and Lexicon Pantheon II reverb plug-in. The
Lexicon IONIX FW810S Firewire Audio Interface feature set includes:
- dbx high-voltage, ultra-low noise mic pre's on all eight channels
- dbx dynamics (compressor, limiter, gate, EQ) on all eight analog input channels
- Two front panel XLR + 14" combi-jacks for mic/line or instrument inputs
- Six combi-jacks on the rear panel for mic/line inputs
- Type IV conversion feature emulates tape saturation at high levels
- Zero latency mixer hardware with dbx dynamics and a hardware monitor reverb
- 44.1kHz to 96kHz sample rates, 24 bit A/D conversion, 32 bit processing
- Eight analog TRS outputs (7.1 surround capable) and stereo main (control room) outputs
- Five unique stereo monitor mixes using all 10 output channels
- Stereo S/PDIF digital I/O
- MIDI in and out
- Firewire 400 connection to host CPU
- 1/4" high output headphone connection
- Lexicon Pantheon II reverb plug-in
For more information, visit their web site at www.lexiconpro.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Line 6 TonePort becomes Studio Line 6's TonePort series turns to "Studio" and changes to black. Meet the POD Studio GX, POD Studio UX1 & UX2.
- Digital Redux A Class Series downloads Digital Redux's A Class Series has proved to be a popular choice for DJs and producers across many genres since the release of the original five titles in December last year. The New-York-based company added five more collections last month all of which are now available as a series of downloads from the Time+Space download store.
- Admiral Quality Analog Delay Tool Admiral Quality has posted a sneak peek at an upcoming new Windows VST effect: the Analog Delay Tool.