M-Audio ProFire 2626
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Audiofanzine FR Audiofanzine FR
Publié le 12/07/08 à 20:35
(Originally written by Bapsite/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
Look at M-audio's website for information. I will stick to my experience:

8 ins/outs

8 preamps

ADAT in/out

Standalone operation.

No installation problems

Comprehensive user's manual.

GETTING STARTED

No drivers problems, no drop outs

6 ms latency with 44.1 kHz sample rate and 256 samples (if I recall correctly)... It's not that important, the main thing is that the latency is short enough for good monitoring with Cubase.

When I bought it I wanted to record a band at home and to have more channels available... But it sounded perfect when I used it.

It worked 45 min. straight without interruption using all 8 preamps without a single hitch.

I've been using it for almost everything I've recorded ever since.

I cannot compare it to anything else right now, but the preamps seem to sound very transparent like most modern Chinese preamps.

Wide dynamic range and frequency response, I can't hear any sound alteration. It's exactly what I was looking for.

The PAD function is very convenient (other products should follow this example...) and it definitely influenced my purchase (it's a must have feature for drums recording).

I've been using it for one month (I will update this review if I change my opinion).

I checked all other available products before buying it and nothing else was as interesting... I thought I'd sell it again after recording that first band but I'm not sure anymore ^^

Excellent product with professional quality (considering a professional is someone who KNOWS how to use and set the gear).

I will upload the link to the band's recording if they allow me to. Don't hesitate to get in touch with me for more information ;)