Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker

Fuzz pedal from Electro-Harmonix belonging to the Big Muff series.

FAiRLiGHT FAiRLiGHT

«  I like the fat! »

Publié le 03/20/11 à 16:32
It's a distortion pedal with 3 knobs and 2 switches comes with a 9v battery that I preferred a diet

It is true bypass

The case is more rounded and more modern than its sister red, green does not suit him so badly in fact

Regarding the settings, there are 3 knobs on the beast:

- VOLUME: you guessed it, it adjusts the volume pot ..... volume!
- TONE: Adjusts tona / EQ
- SUSTAIN: Here you set the gain, do not ask me why AC is called sustain the blow!

and 2 switches
- TONE ON / OFF: enables / disables the volume pot of the same name
- WICKER ON / OFF: enables / disables the wicker is made of 3 high frequency filter

No problem to use the beast is the rule as any distortion pedal, it activates and it scares the neighbors.

For those who are wondering what it was more than a Big Muff Pi "classic", I reply: 2 switches
If you leave the switch in tone to "ON" and that of wicker "OFF", it will sound exactly the same as its sister red

on the other hand, in bypassing the tone and / or activating the wicker, everything changes!

The tone off, we understand why it is not deactivated at the base, AC sends a boost in your sound and in the middle of a song you delete the rest of the group

The wicker is more discreet, limit audible depending on the settings of your amp.

I did not notice any signal degradation as I've read the previous opinions, the true bypass is its effect

I use it recently but I like this pedal!

Sound very fat and mushy, that's what I was looking for and that's what I had

If you already have his sister (Big Muff Pi) you can do without, on the other hand if this is your first you are looking Muff take the green trend and pay you that one.