Ardour 3 Linux and Mac DAW available
The Ardour DAW for Mac and Linus is now available in version 3, with new features added to every section of the software.
Following are the main new features in Ardour 3:
- MIDI recording, playback and editing, with LV2, VST and AU instrument plug-ins support
- Ability to choose the number of processors for DSP operations and other operations in the DAW
- Matrix for routing/patching ; menus are still available for setting the I/O, like on the previous versions
- Multichannel and multi-format file export
- New Monitor section
- Track/bus groups extended
- Improved send control
- Phase inversion buttons visible for every channel
- Enhanced Solo Operation with Solo Isolate and AFL/PFL modes
- Improved audio edition (regions, automation, non-overlapping recording...)
- New GUI with session overview, extended region and track/bus lists, etc.
- Improved Mackie Control support
- Ability to dynamically change the disk buffer size
Ardour v3 is available as a pre-release for subscribers. Please note that the Mac version is still in beta test. More information available at ardour.org.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Evolution Series World Percussion 2 Evolution Series updated its World Percussion sound library for Kontakt 5, to version 2.
- 64-bit for Audiorealism plug-ins Audiorealism announced the availability of the 64-bit version of its three VST and AU plug-ins for Mac and Windows.
- Native Instruments Komplete 9 on March 27th Native Instruments announced today that its Komplete 9 and Komplete 9 Ultimate software bundles will go on sale on March 27th.