Steinberg Nuendo 5.1.1
Steinberg has released a new maintenance update for Nuendo 5, the native audio post-production solution.
Nuendo 5.1.1 includes improvements for more stable program behavior as well as a faster operation during daily work, Steinberg says.
In addition, to a number of announced improvements in areas such as OMF, AAF, video engine, editing, media management / network collaboration, graphical user interface, VST plug-ins and audio engine, several small functional enhancements have been added.
For example, Cycle Markers can now be check-marked at once in order to accelerate the audio mixdown batch export, according to the company.
The following issues have been announced as fixed in version 5.1.1:
- Wrong clip positions on import from Apple Final Cut Pro.
- OMF from Nuendo in some cases couldn't be imported to Pro Tools.
- import failed when referenced files used language-specific special characters.
- Import from Avid Mediacomposer: Some clips referenced wrong audio files.
- Import from Avid Mediacomposer: Some clips had wrong offsets.
- Editing Functions:
- Clip Packages created from "VST Sound" archive resulted in silent clips on import.
- Pool - Process Audio - Remove DC Offset failed when applied to multiple files at once.
- Insert silence command failed when the range was only a few frames long.
- Copying range selections did not always maintain the exact position.
- Network Collaboration: Grid definition changes were not transferred.
- Pool: Renaming clips and emptying trash took a long time to complete.
- "Automation follows event" didn't work when event was moved by [crtl] + [Arrow] shortcut.
- Track Delay in milliseconds was applied doubled.
- "Snap point to cursor" acted slow with range tool + edit mode.
- Scissor Tool was not working correctly on MIDI parts inside folder tracks.
- Jerky cursor on second monitor fixed.
- Mouse Cursor sometimes shows wrong icon (Mac only).
- After loading a foreign project, the play cursor was out of sync.
- Media Management:
- Network Collaboration - crash fixed for MIDI tracks.
- Network Collaboration - Audio/Bounce Selection did not not copy media files.
- Network Collaboration - transferred files sometimes got corrupted.
- Audio CD import sometimes crashed.
- MediaBay - all drives were scanned unintentionally.
- Pool - Crash when emptying the trash fixed.
- VST Preset Browser window was corrupt in some cases.
- MediaBay column setup was not remembered.
- Sometimes audio files were unintentionally erased from pool.
- MediaBay scan disabled Autosave.
- Transport / Timeline / Sync:
- Playback start was often inaccurate.
- Export Markers to CSV with project offset was not correct at 23.98 fps.
- Y-channel (Red) was missing from Apple Jpeg Codec (through a Blackmagic card).
- Some h264 coded videos could not properly be imported.
- Heavy GUI activity and Stationary Cursor caused video picture to stutter.
- Jerky playback over Blackmagic and AJA video cards fixed.
- Picture aspect ratio was incorrect with some video files.
- Jerky playback over firewire DV converters fixed.
- VST / Plugins / Audio Engine:
- Crash when loading a project using TC Powercore plugins when hardware is not present - fixed.
- Crash when previewing plug-in as offline process - fixed.
- Cut Routing for a "mono to stereo" plugin was not saved.
- Postfilter forgot slope setting.
- Duplicate Tracks+ alt+shift removed plug-in.
- Possible VSTBridge crash fixed.
- MediaBay did not show RoomWorks / RoomWorks SE presets.
- MixerDelay plugin always overwrote existing automation.
- Link-state of mixer channels gets lost using the mouse-wheel to adjust fader.
- Host-synced plug-ins sometimes went out if sync.
- System and Connectivitiy: Potential crash after some minutes "without reason" fixed.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Expert Sleepers Silent Way 1.6.5 Expert Sleepers has updated Silent Way to version 1.6.5, adding a new plug-in to the collection: Silent Way SMUX.
- Ddmf NYCompressor v2.0 DDMF has released an update of NYCompressor to version 2.0.
- PropellerHead Reason Record Education Propellerhead released Reason Record Education for sale—new packages consolidating the Reason Record application suite at a special price for schools and institutions.