WMD Gamma Wave Source
Now available from WMD is the Gamma Wave Source for Eurorack.
The WMD Gamma Wave Source is a dual digital wavetable VCO that can create timbres using onboard digital "effects".
- 1V/Oct - Pitch input, used with standard 1 Volt per Octave keyboards and MIDI-CV converters. 0-5 volt input.
- Pitch 1 & 2 - Controls the relative pitch per channel.
- WT 1 & 2 Select - Select the desired wave table from the chart. 256 are available, each producing a different sound. Click for the table chart.
- Out 1 & 2- Oscilator section output, each puts out +-2.5V/ 5Vpp signal.
The Effects Section
The GWS has four effects pipelines. Two for each oscilator. The Routing table selects how the oscillators interact with the effects pipelines.
- FX Select Knob - Pushing this knob in will select the column that the knob is adjusting. Turning it will adjust the LEDs in the select column and will alter the Routing or Effects selection.
- FX Para 1 & 2 - These knobs control the FX parameter for the oscillator section. Each effect has a specific parameter that is controlled by this knob.
- Para CV & Attenuation Knob - This is a CV input for modulating and controlling the effects on the oscillator. Press the WaveTable Select knob to activate CV control per oscillator section. The LED will light when CV control is active. The FX Para knob will adjust the center or edges of the CV control depending on the selected effect.
- Effects Table - These are the available effects, they are all created mathematically using 8 bit processing.
- Routing Table - The routing table is depicted by the red rectangle. If no LED is lit, then effects are bypassed entirely.
When cascading effects, the first effect in the chain has its parameter set by the FX Para knob only in the top routing mode (A|B). This is then saved so that the tone can be retained during cascading.
The module's price is $299.
Check out www.wmdevices.com for more details.