or
Create an account

or

Thread FP10 (Firepod) settup. Need help with firewire.

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 FP10 (Firepod) settup. Need help with firewire.
I Have a few questions related to setting up a FP10(Firepod). I do not have a Firewire port on my PC yet.

1. What features should I look for when purchasing a firewire PCI card? (6 pin, 9pin,Transfer rate, ETC.) Or should I buy the cheapest card I can find)

2. I currently have a live rock band setup (Drum kit, Guitar amp, Bass amp, Vocals.) all channeled through a analog mixer(Yamaha MG24/14fx) to amp/cabinets. I want to start doing some recording (seperate tracks) without rerouting cables to firepod everytime. Is it possible? The jacks available on mixer per channel are (2 inputs XLR and 1/4") and a Insert I/O. Not sure what the 1/4" Insert I/O is for? Can I send to firepod from that jack? Or do I feed instruments/mics to firepod first and use the outputs to feed mixer?

3. What are minumum requirements for PC to record 8 tracks at once?

Any advice would be great, I plan to be using Sonar 7 Studio, My plan is to have a stage setup for jam sessions and also be able to record for now up to 8 tracks.

Thanks, Mike
Take a look at the Presonus site it has a great step by step vidio which is about recording 24 tracks at the same time in a church in Batton Rouge. I highly recommend it I learnt so much also you might need some of these too http://www.theloudest.co.uk/?sectionid=1&page=view_product&product_id=99

Wheezi Anna