Create an account

or

Thread Demo song - Mixing and mastering tips

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Demo song - Mixing and mastering tips
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of building up a demo album for a friend of mine. As I'm pretty new in that kind of stuff (it has always been a hobby till now), I am looking for some tips and advices on mixing, EQIng, mastering, etc...

I'm pretty sure there are some pros around here that will be glad to help, so thanks in advance...

About this song, it's a french song (but you shoudn't mind - I mean, it's about mixing, no?), kind of slow song, sort of a ballade... Entirely recorded with ProTools M-Powered V7.1, in my house... The microphone used for the vocals isn't the best quality, so I asssume that there will be lots of comments on that... Anyway, tell me everything you find that is not correct; I'll be more than glad to invest a few hundred bucks to buy a new mic... :)

You can listen to the song here : http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=653088

And, for sure, this is still a work in process...

Thanks a lot to eveyone that will give a hand... I still don't know how, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to help some of you someday...

Regards,

Rej.