or
Create an account

or

Thread setting up 1st music studio

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 setting up 1st music studio
hi it's marcuss here i want to set up my 1st home recording studio to make punk, rock n roll and rap tunes but i'm not sure what to buy i've got money to spend been saving up for a while and i want everthing i could possibly need so i can buy it all in one lump. Is there anyone who could tell me all the BEST things that i need to buy, would be much appreciated eg keyboard,booth, packages, wires,cards and software(already have a computer). THANKS
Please don't post this in every single category. Its annoying because it leaves more to sort through. If your going to post in multiple categories, please limit it to 3.

for your question: there are thousands of different combinations you can set-up, but i'll give you a baisic choice i saw in a magizine (Future Music).

1. Mac or PC? This link should help you out http://tweakheadz.com/Mac_vs_Pc_DAWS.htm
the setups i'm going to list are each the same price, so base your decicion on that article, not by price. Basically, Choose a PC if your willing to work out the bugs and choose Mac if you want the maximum efficiency & less hassle.

2. $2,500 or $5,000?
$2,500 is a good setup, but its basic. It would be fine for your needs. The $5,000 is for someone who's heavily into recording.

answer those two questions and i'll reply with the list of equipment.