or
Create an account

or

Thread cubase LE problem

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 cubase LE problem
I am having a major problem. l am currently using cubase LE but have trouble when recording multiple tracks. l can record on the first track no problem, but when l try to record on the second track, it will record what l am playing AND what l have already played on track one. lf l record a third track, it will record the third input AND what is on the first and second track aswell. l am using a line 6 pod xt, running thru en EMU 0404 soundcard on windows xp. please help as it is driving me insane
Sounds like your sound card is set up to record what it's playing (internal loopback). I'd look closely at the EMU options and disable any "monitor" or "loopback" functions.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Are you using the Emu Asio drivers? They have better latency than wdm/multimedia drivers.

Move the asio send in patchmix to the channel strip that you want to record, either IN L or IN R. Don't insert an asio send in either the main output inserts or the asio output channel strip, in some configurations, this becomes "what-you-hear". If you need to record a stereo source, load the Stereo Product default session. Make sure the IN L and IN R strips are panned properly and their aux 1 sends are at 0 dB. In the aux section at the right of patchmix, make sure the aux send knob is at 0 dB BUT the return is at -132 dB. There is an asio and wave send in the aux inserts; in Cubase, you will have to enable the AUX1 L/R (IIRC) in VST Connections before you can use that send. Set the audio track in Cubase to use the input assigned to Aux 1 L/R. I'm using Cubase SL2 so there might be some difference in nomenclature.