or
Create an account

or

Thread Ok heres what i would like to do

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Ok heres what i would like to do
I am a physcian who plays jazz in my spare time. I want to record my music, mainly for family and friends. I want to record mainly solo matierial (just me), but with all the backing of a quartet or quintet, but i also play with a small jazz band and would like to get that on CDs for demo purposes.
I want to buy a stand alone recorder, with minimal use of a computer, other than maybe to save info. There are thousands of multitrack recorders out there and I dont have a clue what to start looking for. i need advice on what to buy and also some advice on a basic reference book on how to get started.
I own a Yamaha s90es keyboard, so i have the basic intsrument for recording, and i have in the past used band in a box for midi backing tracks for my solo performances.
Thanks
If you're going for stand alone recording something like this https://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-VS2000CD-Digital-Studio-Workstation?sku=241080&src=3SOSWXXA
may fit the bill...

Not sure how much you want to spend...
But something in the Roland VS line may be in your price range...
These units contain effects, and plenty of tracks to record what you'd like to do...

What is your price range?
Was that unit to pricey?
Thanks! yea thats about the price range im looking for. i have also ordered some books from Amazon, so im going to read up on things before I purchase anything.But thanks again!
My pleasure...
Any other questions just login!

:cool: