or
Create an account

or

Thread Big Problem with Cubase and phase 22

• 1 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
Topic Big Problem with Cubase and phase 22
Help Help. I am not the one of those i wanna record and mix tell me please how guys.

I have a seriuos problem and I am truing to fix it for half a year. I have a phase 22 sound card and i cant get her running under cubase. The problem is that i canot hear the playback when i'm truing to record somethin new over somethin else, for example a second guitar over the first i recordet 5 minutes ago. I know that the regular solution will be a mixer but i dont have that right now so i guess i will have to find another solution. A friend of mine told me it might be because of the mother board. I have a K8V ASUS with AMD64 3000+ and 2GB RAM.

When I try to do something midi then everything is ok. In the control panel for phase 22 i have the option to chuse what the analog outputs will give back, and if it is wawe then i hear the playback without the instument i play and if i set it to analog in then it is onlu the instrument without the play back. I have connected the analog out wit an Y cabel to my standard desktop speakers. Can it be that i have to connect the speakers to the SPDF (coaxial) output.

If anybody knows how to fix this please reply. I feel like i am walking blind and cant record anything and that is a bad feeling. PLEASE HELP or give me an opinion on my problem.
I am sorry for mu opinion, the pool at my topic. I am a NOOB.