or
Create an account

or

Thread perhaps a little rude

• 5 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
1 perhaps a little rude
anyways. sorry but does anyone know how to reduce midi latency. this is killing me. i've been without my vst-i's for almost a week. :( anyways. sorry if that was me who was being rude.
Lars-

Are you saying your system was working ok and now something has changed? Give us some details and maybe we can help you out!
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Oh, wait, I didn't see your other thread.....

I'm not sure about Cubase (I'm a Cakewalk guy), but usually midi latency can be reduced by changing your buffer size. Try doing a search on that in your Cubase help file and see if it points you in the right direction....
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
well i'll try buffer size. i'm not at my computer now but just because you asked....
windows xp
cubase sx
m- audio delta 44
m - audio uno 1x1

that's pretty much it. i'm not too savy. my computer is quite old but i had latency down to about 10ms. then the internet/then the viruses/then the reinstalling windows/ then the forgetfullness/then the problem. i seem to recall a little menue where i just reduced latency. hmm.

lars:|
Drill down to Devices > Device Setup > VST Multitrack, you should see a button labeled "Control Panel". Click on that and adjust your latencies in the window that opens.
This thread may be dead, but here's a shot. I found a site with some pretty good tweaks for PCs:

http://www.pcmus.com/TweakXP.htm

I don't know what OS your running or if you're a PC or Mac user, but these XP tweaks should give you some idea of ways to make your computer more efficient for recording. I hope this helps.