or
Create an account

or

Thread using just my computer

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
Sujet de la discussion using just my computer
im trying to record some of my songs and im having a difficult time recording my voice? or maybe im hearing myself wrong? Ive attached a demo i recorded myself with just my computer and a sound proof padded room and a cheap 24$ mic at radio shack :).....

sound file: http://128.123.125.206/demo.mp3

any advice on how i can get my voice to sound like normal...?

thanks....
hi,
with the shack mic, well its hard to call it a mic.
However, buy yourself i.e a behringer B1 or a B2. Ofcourse you'll need a pre-amp with these condenser mics, for a little money behringer has a simple pre-amp which will do the job.
a 24 dollar mic can't handle sound pressure and distortion is what you get.
Drink up a bottle of wiskey and smoke 3 packs of cigarettes and you'll have the same radio shack sound ;)
chris pax
okay so what are these pre-amps? and remember im using my computer. I have a very decent sound card capable of muliti-tracking and 24-bit sound and all. So if i get onna these better mics and this pre-amp i can hear the voicei hear when i play live for example....?

how would i get this equipment to work w/ a computer doing the multi-tracking?
example! a condenser mic needs 48 volts power which is provided in a decent pre- amp and there is a swich to use with 48v or to use with a dynamic mic i.e. shure sm58 or similar.
the mic goes into the pre-amp and from the amp to the input of your soundcard to record.
48v = phantom power
it's quite easy, a normal music equipment store can show it to you.
regards chris pax