or
Create an account

or

Thread Looking to record from guitar into fruity loops.. Help!

• 3 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Looking to record from guitar into fruity loops.. Help!
I recently downloaded the fruity loops edition which is compatable with my Audigy 2z .. I am having trouble with the hookup or rather on what to use for settings to record directly from my guitar (gnx3 effects) to the fruity loops program. I am a major newbie at this and any help getting started would be greatly appreciated...
I didn't know Fruity Loops would do audio recording. But since nobody else has answered, I'll just point out a few generic things:

1. GNX to line in or SPDIF in on your soundcard.
2. Most programs require that you also designate the audio source for the track you're recording from the listing of audio sources the program recognizes. Something like "Options", then "Audio Devices", then find your card and designate it as the source.
3. You might try the ol' generic Windows sound recorder and see if you can record your guitar with that. If you can't, then you have a soundcard/windows problem rather than a Fruity Loops problem.

I know this is pretty generic, but I hope it helps point you towards a solution.

Good luck!!!
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Hello!

Are you sure that Fruity Loops does audio recording?
I have FL Studio 4, and as far as I know it only records signal from MIDI instruments, not an actual guitar, microphone, etc...

Please, correct me if I am wrong! hehe...

Regardz,

dvbrun
i was under the impression that with fruity loops 4 they added audio recording into the program. there are different options for different prices though, so maybe its Fruity Loops Studio which I believe is the highest level.