or
Create an account

or

Thread Newby with difficulty getting cd to burn after recording

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Newby with difficulty getting cd to burn after recording
I am new at this. I have a Triton LE MIDI, a Dell laptop with Crystal soundcard, Edirol U20 interface, a small mixer for amplication, soft ware is Micrologic 48. All of this I am trying to co-ordinate. I can get .mid files that are supported by windows media or roxio cd burner but they say they are not able to copy to cd.

1) can my soundcard support midi recording?
2) doesn't the edirol have a built in soundcard to be able to record and transfer files.
3) Is it a cd burning issue and is there one that will support the files produced directly from micrologic .lso files?
4) All my friends tell me to do is buy an Apple and throught the dell out the window for this use, is this sound (sic) advice?
5) Is there a file transfer program that will take the files and get them to burn?

Is there a piece of equipment I have overlooked that I need to make cd's?
I personally agree with your friends. But thats just my opinion. :D

1. You need software like a sequencer (microLOGIC) to record midi data.

I'm not up on P.C. software or the Edirol to answer your other questions.

Are you trying to make a data CD? If so you should be able to put just about any file type on the CD.

[color=red]If you are trying to make an Audio CD you will first have to convert the .mid files to .wav using a soft synth or other converter prog.[/color]

microLOGIC may be able to do this. Does it have a .wav export function.
First you have to turn your midis into wav format if what you want is an audio CD.... There's a very simple software that does that called Wingroove. Search for it on the web, you should find it easily.