or
Create an account

or

Thread Cubasis click track AAARGH

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Cubasis click track AAARGH
I just started out, tried to record my Alesis SR-16 through the line-in on my Tascam US-122 interface, looked at click settings and I am stuffed if I can see how to change the BPM to match my drum box! Am I better to try using MIDI which is a foreign entity to me or can any dudes enlighten me. :? :? :?
Any suggestions regarding the use of this lovely wee drummer would be appreciated. I would stick "Animal" in the kitchen with a couple of sm-58s but I think the house would fall down- it just copes with my 250W Trace-Elliot and TRB5-P Bass.
Don-

I would use the SR16 as just a sound module and program the drum patterns in in your recording software (assuming you are using Cubase or Sonar or something that is also a sequencer).

Once you figure it out, you'll never go back. :D
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Cheers Mike I'll look into it.
I have Cubasis VST and Tascam Gigastudio as came with my US-122 sound interface, I suspect I'll need to spend some dosh and get something meatier. ;) I have a wee prog called Hammer I could try.
If anyone knows how to set click rate I'd be obliged
Don.
Don-

This may sound really dumb, but in the program they probably refer to it as "tempo".

Either way, though, matching the BPM of the program to your drum machine is NOT going be enough to properly sync things up for multitrack recording. It will drift and will be significantly "off" well before the end of the song. If you want to use your SR16 with your rig, you're gonna have to bite the bullet and learn midi. Once you get the Alesis hooked up, you can either use it as a sound module as I suggested, or, if you want to keep programming on the Alesis, and if it will put out a midi clock, you can sync your computer to the midi clock from the Alesis.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD