Create an account

or

Thread DORK NEEDS HELP PLEASE

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 DORK NEEDS HELP PLEASE
Hi

I went to a mates the other day, but he is now out of the country. He had a computer with a software he said was 200 euro and it had hip hop ion the name of it. I watched him record and couldn't believe it. We are both doing spoken word, he more gangsta, me all sorts of styles, and I realised the potential of it.

All he had was a computer, a microphone which recorded direct on to it and the software was dead simple to use. A straight line with recorded voice running past it and then you added sounds in block form and stretched them to whatever length you want.

What I would like to know is, how much would it cost for this set up and what are the basics I need.

A computer - A sound card and a microphone?

I know it's basic but I would really appreciate it if anyone could answer, and if you are up for collaboration I could give you some lyrics in any genre you like, from blues to hip hop

Thanks
A $64,000 question and no definite answers but it boils down on how much you're willing to spend and what platform, Mac or pc?

For a 200 euro computer, definitely pc but it all boils down to the software you're going to run it on and how much you want to spend on the soundcard. A good guide would be here so that you'll know what you're getting into.

Best,