or
Create an account

or

Thread synths sound weird

• 8 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 synths sound weird
i have a couple synths by native instruments that crackle when I push the keys on the screen. Im thinking this happens because of my sound card but im not sure any help?
Crackling audio is usually an indication of either a driver issue or slight hardware conflict. It would help if we knew a little bit about your system.

In any event, updating of your audio card and video drivers, as well as bios and OS updates are the call of the day.

hth!
i have a custom built pc.

Seagate 160 gig hd
ati radeon 9800 pro graphics card
soundblaster audigy card that came with my video card
Asus motherboard
Creative speakers

ill be getting a new external sound card in the future
and a gig of memory
Knowing some specifics about your motherboard chipset and cpu could help us analyze your problem furtther. I do see a potential source of conflict in the video card as there have been some on-going studies where powerful video cards can take up so much bandwidth of the pci bus that audio gets a backseat when accessing the bus. More info HERE.

Also, assigning the soundcard to a pci slot that does not share an irq contributes to glitch-free audio. You can read more about it HERE .

hth!
ok thanks so just connecting my new video card to a pci slot that doesnt interfere with the video card may help out?
i used double dawg and it didnt help
As I previously said, knowing your motherboard model and cpu would help. Also, your video card is agp so there's no moving that to another slot is there?

The audio card should be uninstalled first in device manager prior to moving to another slot or you will have multiple instances of that card hidden in your device registry. That WILL lead to further conflicts. There is a workaround to removing hidden unused devices but you must google it.
OK thanks alot for your help CompUSA built my computer so ill just take it to them when I get my new sound card.