or
Create an account

or

Thread Starting Equipment For a small Studio (According to my Research.)

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Starting Equipment For a small Studio (According to my Research.)
Ok Hello people hows everyone doing? Great. I hope thats the answer.
Im new to this place, and yeah I've been diggin around some stores, went to some places and stuff , tested programs and yeah.. So Im starting a home studio, just to record demos for my own band and stuff.
And Heres what I dug up.
For begginners
Absolute beginners with no expirience whatsoever. you dont have to spend millions unless you're going to go big.
So The software ideal to record is

---Software
Audacity. You should google it and download it, its free. Gets you started on how to interact with a recording software, with pretty basic operations and stuff.

----Hardware
Ok so heres the deal. I didnt use a computer with a fancy audio card (wich Im gonna buy cuz. DUDE.)

What I went off to check out was pre-amps to acquire a good sound.
I checked POD X3 and It sounds awzome. Check out the review on this page I think you can find it.

You should start off with stuff like this if you're absolutely starting and have no knowladge whatsoever.

ok now to what everyones expecting. Intermediate stuff....
As You have heard, Digidesign released a recording package. wich costs around $3,500.00 or so.
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Digidesign-Digi-003-Factory-Recording-Package-482343-i1394682.gc
Check it out for specifications.
Now for computers, I personally recomend Macs. Just for the simple fact that macs run programs independently, aside from windows.
If you're using Windows. I recommend you using any computer with 3ghz or more and buy a descent sound card. a good card could be a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum ZS sound card.
----------------------------------------------
Ill go posting more info later. I dont have enough time to finish today.
If you know about something please do post as information or send me the info to post it here.
Life's a hotdog. Sometimes you get ketchup. Sometimes you don't.